Using Mill Machinery's extensive customer database, MMC markets our client’s machinery to buyers around the world. Our integrated approach is designed to maximize the return on surplus assets. MMC can provide each potential customer with details about the machinery, develop dismantling, reconditioning and transportation quotations (both trucking and container quotes), dismantle the machinery, rebuild the machinery and arrange final shipment. Our scope of service is designed to simplify and shorten the sales cycle and maximize the sales price of the machinery. Our approach is outlined below:
- Appraisal and Consulting Services – MMC will works with clients to better understand market conditions, how they impact pricing and to develop strategies to maximize returns. MMC develops a comprehensive list of major components to be sold and develops pricing for individual machines, machinery centers and the complete mill.
- Removal and Dismantling – MMC has extensive experience in removing and transporting machinery used in the forest products industry. We have moved plants across the world or literally next-door. No one in the industry has dismantled and moved more mill machinery than MMC.
- Rebuilding Used Machinery – MMC’s staff of lead professionals has over 190 years of combined experience in rebuilding machinery used in the forest products industry. Our list of customers include Georgia Pacific, International Paper, and Roseburg Forest Products domestically and Boral Hancock (Australia), Urupanel (Uruguay) and Forestal Alpha (Mexico) internationally, to name a few.
Mill Machinery’s web page receives over 5,500 visitors each month. Our buyer database is one of the most comprehensive in the industry with over 4,000 listings. In addition, we utilize the services of the world leader in Pay-For-Performance web search. This service drives customers to our web site, which results in greater sales of your surplus machinery.
Past Liquidations – Our staff has been involved in the successful liquidation of individual machines to complete plants. Our Staff has liquidated the following mills:
- Stimson Lumber Company, Bonner, Montana. Liquidation currently in process. To date, sales have exceeded the estimated high-end auction value by 50 percent.
- Kogap Plywood Mill, Medford, Oregon. Major components sold include, Lay-up Line, three Hot Presses, Saw and Sanding Lines, Baghouses, Boilers and all other related mill equipment.
- Temple Inland Veneer and Plywood Mill, Pineland, Texas. Major components sold include, Two Coe Veneer Lathes with Chargers, Lay-up Line, three 40 opening Presses, three Coe Jet Dryers, Saw and Sanding Lines and other related equipment.
- Collins Pine Veneer and Plywood Mill, Klamath Falls, Oregon. Major components sold include Lathe Charger, two Hot Presses, Veneer Composer, Saw Line, Glue Spreaders and other related equipment.
- Panel Products Veneer Mill, Rogue River, Oregon. Complete Lathe Line with log processing through the green stacker.
- Plum Creek Veneer and Plywood Mill, Winfield, Louisiana. Sold the complete Lathe Line and Plywood Mill.
Our fees are based on what we sell. There are no up front charges - MMC absorbs all marketing costs. Our commission percentage is based on the machinery being sold.
Our core sales team consists of Dave Cowan, Tim Peterson and Al Webster. Click here to review short resumes.
Why choose liquidation over an auction? Simply, liquidations bring more money. Click here to review a list of machinery sold at auctions in the last four years. We have provided the auction price and compared it to recent liquidation prices. The results speak for themselves.